Sunday, July 15, 2007

Post Prague

After the Czech Republic I took a very long and fairly uncomfortable train ride to Krakow which I really enjoyed. Much more laid back than Prague and just as beautiful in my opinion. Plus, the people I interacted with were much nicer, to me anyways. Perhaps the waiters and such in Prague were less than friendly from dealing with hundreds of tourists each day. That being said, they did chose jobs that put them in that position.
My first day in Krakow I went to Auschwitz which was very intense. Definitely not an enjoyable excursion but necessary. Afterwards my friend Aaron sent me this article http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/12/world/europe/12krakow.html?ex=1184990400&en=7affd2b7da037b54&ei=5070&emc=eta1
which brightened my mood some.
Next day I walked around the main square, Wawel Castle and the old Jewish district. All very nice. The nightlife is great too with tons of cool subterranean bars and clubs.
Tonight I take an overnight train to Budapest. It will probably suck, but hey, it's an adventure.
Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home