Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bergen Fjords

After Oslo took an incredibly scenic train ride across Norway to Bergen. Beautiful port city. Great fish market...smoked salmon - incredible. I even tried whale meat. I know, I know...they're going extinct...and now I can swee why...they're delicious.
Met some lovely Dutch Dental students at the hostel and took the ferry with them to Stavangar. There we did a great hike up to the top of one of the fjords (forget the name now, but it starts with a P). The view was amazing, and the drop was very steep.
Went back to Oslo for a night before heading to Stockholm. Stockholm is great. It's made up of a bunch of small islands so you can take the ferry around. Today I went to this huge outdoor museum/zoo called Skanset which was very cool, then went to the Vasa museum which consists of a huge ship that was sunken for 333 years before being pulled up and restored. Very cool.
After that, took a ferry to the modern art museum which had some very interesting pieces (on the way there saw a gang of 6 people zip by on their segways) and then took a ferry back to my island - Sodermalm
On the way I saw the most amazing full, double rainbow stretching from one island to the other. Once I can upload photos, you'll see what I mean.
Off to dinner now. It's been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home