Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Love Boobies...

Red footed, blue footed, nasca...all of them. My four day cruise around the Galapagos Islands was amazing. I was aboard the Angelique which had very small cabins for the 16 passengers, but a nice crew and surprisingly tasty food. We went to about 6 islands (trying to sleep while we were sailing took some getting used to) and each one had a very distinct character and landscape. The weather was great and I have a pretty good tan going. Our guide Mariuxi, in addition to having an amusing accent, knew so much about the biology and geology of all things Galapagos. Check out her website (Link to the right under the pictures) If I had to do it again, I´d opt for the 8 day cruise. So much to see. Some of the highlights for me were seeing hammerhead and white tip reef sharks, some giant sea tutrles and some sting rays while scuba diving and standing on the bow spit (very tip) of the Angelique while we were sailing as a blue footed bobbie flew alongside me about an arms length away for 20 minutes or so. I also met some great people in my group. Some of us went out to dinner the day after we got back to Quito.
My last two days in Quito I took the Teleferiqo (a gondola) to the top of one of the volcanoes surrounding the city. The view from the top is amazing and gives a great idea of just how sprawling a city Quito is. I also walked around the old city which has fantastic character. Today I was supposed to go to the Mital del Mundo (Equator) but was entirely too hungover after a big night which included a very fun stop at a small karaoke bar.
In a few minutes I´ll be boarding my plane for Lima, Peru so check back for more updates.
Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home