Saturday, November 04, 2006

Quito is cool...

literally and figuratively...especially at night. My first night here was pretty chilly, but my hostel
(the Secret Garden which is really amazing) had a fire pit on the terrace which has a sick view of the mountains and the old city. I'll post pics once I've uploaded. The prices are great too. I had a three course meal for $5 US.
Today I took a trip north to the outdoor market in Otavalo. Very fun. Tomorrow I climb to the top of a 16,000 foot active volcano called pinchincha. Can't wait. Hopefully the altitude won't slow me down too much. My first day here climbing the stairs to the top of the hostel got me out of breath.
Today on the bus to the market we paid our fare to a passenger (who promptly exited the bus) instead of the bus employee. It was only $2, but a very valuable lesson to learn. I've heard stories of other people getting robbed in the last few days. Guess I'll have to keep my head on a swivel.
Adios for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home